Pages

That night we went to the Baxter Inn

I just wanted to talk about the Baxter Inn really quickly and how it has become my new favorite bar (sorry Coles, you'll still be my fav in Los Angeles). My friend Cam and I decided to have a ladies night and go out just the two of us downtown. After helplessly searching we stumbled into the right dark alleyway off Clarence St. that leads you to the lovely Baxter Inn. No sign, or lighted entry way- you have to know what you are looking for. After showing the bouncer our Ids we walked down a dirty stairwell and voila before our eyes was the dark, cozy, Baxter Inn. Brass grooves music played in the background and a buzzing crowd of young hipsters, after work drinkers, and intellectuals of the like all enjoying a fine whiskey cocktail to get their Thursday moving. What makes a bar great is the ambiance and this place nailed it with their old school Irish bar feel. When we sat at the counter, the bartenders were to quick to bring us apple whiskeys, and two shots, all on the house. Let me explain the deliciousness of an apple whiskey if you have never had one before: They literally juice a whole granny smith apple before your eyes and stir in whiskey on the rocks. It is the most amazing drink I have ever tasted. After that we opted for an Old Fashioned to warm us right up. I give this pub five stars with great vibes, tasty drinks, and the friendliest staff on the block.

After our whiskey escapade we made our way to Ivy, the famous Sydney rooftop bar that the young and old flock to on the weekend to see and be seen. It reminds me of a more mainstream Standard with worst music and creepier older dudes pretending to wear business suits and seem important. Nonetheless you're bound to have a good time and free drinks if you walk in with the right buzz and air of confidence. And luckily Cam and I had just that.  


not sure what's going on here.
A really great Old Fashioned


The bartenders stole my camera...

"G" hooked it up
endless selection of whiskey, 360 to be exact

drunk selfies

Ivy rooftop
elevator photos with randos? yup



No comments:

Post a Comment