Pages

Boozy Bitches on a Wine Safari

I'm sorry I haven't updated much... but here goes. 

This weekend was my last weekend before I embark on my month trip to Bali. And what better way to say au revoir then with LADIES weekend in Hunter Valley? It was Cam's 21st birthday and we packed up, rented a car, and drove 2 hours northwest of Sydney to what is the equivalent of Napa Valley. It's Australia's wine country. The drive was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a better day. We arrived at our cute hotel, called Pepper's Creek. It was beautiful and the rooms were comfy and right across from the sauna and spa. We were in HEAVEN. We started our wine "safari" at 1:30 after grabbing some quick salads at the cafe down the road (pumpkin spinach avocado to be exact!). We stopped at 4 different vineyards, including one where they paired chocolates with each wine. Holy shit it was good. I was like a kid in a candy shop, and I realized I am becoming an old woman. I bartered with the seller and got a bottle of the "Boozy Bitch" for $15. I was certainly a boozy bitch by the end of the our. We bought some fine cheese and bread at the end of the tour, went back to the hotel and posted up in the sauna before having champagne and nibblies for the night cap. 

It was a good day and a perfect start for the weekend. Now about those essays and finals...













No comments:

Post a Comment