Pages

The End of Summer in Australia


Today was my first day of classes at UNSW. The campus is gigantic, and to say the least I was incredibly lost. The weekend was pretty eventful as Mardi Gras/Gay Pride was on Saturday. A bunch of us on the study abroad program took a bus down into the heart of Sydney. First stop was an LGBT bar to really get in the spirit. To our disappointment, arriving at the parade 5 minutes before the parade began was not such a good idea as we could not see anything. I have never been to a gay parade before, but it was not much different then walking in West Hollywood on a Saturday night to be honest. I appreciated the festiveness, and if I had not consumed so much Goon (boxed wine) to my sleepy demise, I probably would have stayed longer.

Coogee has been fantastic so far. It is picturesque and my apartment is quiet enough to concentrate and close enough to drag myself from the bars late at night. This morning before class I walked along the beach path, enjoying the warm breeze and sunshine that summer in Australia has to offer. The one thing I love about Coogee is all of the outdoorsy activities it has to offer--From walks along the rocky beach coast, to swimming in the natural lap pools built into the coves, to surfing the different beachs--it really puts California to shame. Can't say I will miss walking up the giant hill to my apartment though. 











No comments:

Post a Comment