Pages

Home Sweet Coogee

Sorry for the delay! I have seemed to misplace my camera battery charger, so my iphone pics will have to make due until my new one comes in from Ebay. I have just gotten settled into my new place in Coogee, steps from the beach. This is by far the nicest apartment I have had during my college experience. However, AC apparently does not exist in Australia, and although summer is coming to an end, the heat and humidity are not. Nonetheless, theres nothing a few fans and open windows can't fix.

I am starting to realize just how expensive Sydney is, and coming to a sad realization that a job is coming in the very near future. It is a stressful, as I am trying to book all of my travels. So far I have possible trips to melbourne, Thailand, Gold Coast, and Indonesia on the horizon. Very excited but the cost of plane tickets is not ideal for a college girl. Neither is the cost of liquor here (think $60 for a handle of smirnoff). So those flasks that I thought I would use to save money...not so much.

Otherwise, the land down under is pretty cool. I get to go to the beach every day, and there's always new ones to explore. Today I made the trek to Manly with my board. Aside from the onshore winds, there were some nice big sets and sunny skies to make it a good day. Food is also really expensive ($30 is the standard), so I have become a master chef (pb banana sanwhiches anyone?) Although I would kill for a car out here, the bus isn't SO bad, except its emptying my pockets even more. There is a fantastic gym I joined in coogee where I can get my spin, yoga, and kickboxing fix. The hills are EVERYWHERE, so it looks like my butt is getting into shape.

Coogee Beach by my apartment. 
outside the new home 

first dinner! 

After a surf at Manly beach 

leaving Manly on the ferry

Coogee baths. UNREAL

No comments:

Post a Comment