Pages

I'm Free Fallin'

These last few days have been spent first in a small town called Wanaka before heading to Queenstown. Lake Wanaka is a beautiful lake where the town is on. I spent the afternoon laying on the beach, swimming in the refreshing waters, and chatting up all of the locals who were still on summer break. It was the most breathtaking place to be, with mountains surrounding all sides. I should never forget such a site. On the way to Queenstown, our bus made a stop at the Kawarai Bungy. The night before I had decided that I would take the leap and face my fear of heights. So, the time had finally come. My advice to anyone considering bungy: don't look down, and jump right away instead of thinking about it. It was one of the most amazing things I have done so far in my life. I am really proud of myself because now I know I can really do anything (especially sky diving). After that it was off to Queenstown, where we spent the afternoon 'river surfing.' This activity was boogie boarding down rapids. There were parts where you could ride a constant wave. Aside from the fact that we had to wear 5 mm wetsuits so we wouldn't freeze ours asses off, it was pretty cool. That night, we all celebrated with a pub crawl. I didn't make it back until 4 am, and needless to say, I am a bit hung over today and will spend it recovering. After a day of adrenaline like yesterday, I think I've earned it. 

















2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely awesome! and congrats on the jump haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7th photo. You're a freeeeee bird. You SHOULD never forget it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete