Pages

Exploring The Rocks and Sleeping with Fish



8 AM landing. Straight from the airport, jet-lagged, I arrive at my very European hotel nuzzled in the heart of the Rocks, and the old historic are of Sydney just minutes from the central business district.  Although raining and dreary, I couldn’t help to go walk outside of the hotel as soon as we checked in. The Rocks market just so happened to be outside. Every vendor sold something unique; unlike many of the foreign markets I have frequented that sold the same trinkets at every tent, ripping off tourists left and right. This market was genuine and seemed to have true appreciation of craft and skill. From homemade leather notebooks, to dried fruits, to beautifully crafted jewelry, to modern lamps, and special “chocolate shots,” this market had something for everyone. I left with a vintage flask and will probably to be back tomorrow to revisit some of the fantastic jewelry vendors. 

A light drizzle for a market morning

beads, beads, BEADS


need some of these leather bound notebooks

minimalist lights 

market hunting makes me happy! 

Really unique designs by Katzi 

cool hanging pendant necklaces by Katzi
food. 'nough said

After the morning at the market and walking around the Rocks, we wash up and make our way to Darling Harbor. The Sea Aquarium seemed like the perfect way to spend the afternoon, however, half way through my adrenaline faded as jet lag slowly crept in. I was basically sleepwalking through the aquarium so we decided it was time for wine and some Aussie cuisine. We made our way to the Blackbird Cafe down the warf. Looking at the menu, I realized that kangaroo was actually something eaten here (wtf mate?!?)... ya. 

found me new favorite place
jellies are da coolest
walking through the shark tank
mom vs. lamb


No comments:

Post a Comment