Pages

Succumbing to the Wicked Elf

Feeling motivated and rested after a long two days of traveling, I woke up this morning and ran the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The view is beautiful and I realized that I am in the right place. Except for the fact that everytime I pass people I gravitate towards the right and run into them. Definitely have some getting used to. After my run, we went checked out a patisserie down the road from my hotel where I enjoyed a fabulous soy latte and raspberry pastry all for the wonderful price of $15 (served with a hint of sarcasm). I've realized that its either my savings or a job that will get me through this semester. After breakfast we decide to do a tourist double decker called the "red bus" which gets you all around for the city. Although weary of the tourist attractions, sitting on top of this bus driving through all the different hubs of Sydney was a pretty amazing way to get to know the place in a day. Our first stop: Bondi Beach. It was pretty cool seeing the famous beach and nice to know that there was finally a left break that I could call my home (seeing that California is all rights). We went to the vintage flea market that's held every Sunday and I picked up some new sunnies and a cool cut white dress to ring in the end of summer here in Australia.

It's never too early for a fresh baked good

Stormy Bondi

art gallery at Bondi Beach

jellies

vintage market 

passing a large cemetery leaving Bondi

After Bondi, we stopped at the Sydney fish market for lunch. It's basically this huge warehouse on a wharf and if you don't see that, just follow the fish smell to the water. Inside, hundreds of people flock the different counters where you can find the freshest fish, lobster, eel, and even sting ray. Did I mention SASHIMI!!?! My lunch was a happy blend of fresh raw salmon and tuna sashimi. We left and drifted to the wildlife zoo where I encountered my first koala and kangaroo. After that it was off to a tour of the history of the city followed by a nice beer at a nearby pub. My new beer of choice: Wicked Elf: Sassy. Pilsner. Yum.

fishy place

the spread. 


bakery in the seafood market. crust with your crustacean anyone? 

for the more adventuresome 

the perfect lunch
made a new friend in Australia

looks kind of like a retarded giant rat 

they don't stop eating, ever. 
nice view

different view of the bridge from on top of the tour bus

In honor of the hobbit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment