Pages

Well in Wellington


As the journey through New Zealand continues, my fondness for the country increases. Wellington is one of my new favorite cities of the world. My ideal city should have the following: 1) a beautiful landscape where I can hike 2) full of young interesting people 3) sunny and relatively warm 4) coastal 5) lots and lots of activities!!! Wellington fit this criteria. Everywhere young people were walking around, but it still had a very laid back vibe to it. There was live music, art shows, free salsa classes on the wharf, and cute restaurants and cafes on every corner (all on a Thursday!) If I wasn't studying in Sydney, I'd say Wellignton would be the next best thing.

view of Wellington from Mt. Victoria lookout



I spent the afternoon hiking by myself on the small trails that wind up Mount Victoria. It was by far the prettiest run I have ever been on. The mountain is right on the ocean and overlooks the whole city of Wellington. There are flowers EVERYWHERE imaginable. I could definitely see myself living there.

running trail along mt. Victoria. #omgSeLFIE
really pleasant meditation spot

overlooking a different part of the harbor

After the hike, our group on the bus decided to go out for a pub crawl. After eating a cheap meal at a Malaysian restaurant, we started our night of drinking. Giant Jenga was our pregame at cool outdoor down the street. Shots were plenty. We then checked out a small little pub with live jazz music. Wellington's streets were empty, (seeing it was a Thursday) but inside all of the pubs you could find all sorts of people, young, old, and in between. The few of us who stayed up ended the night at about 4 am on a dock by the harbor before heading back to our hostels.

JENGA

snickers shots line up

Pauline and I....

Russ (our bus driver) and I looking really sober





No comments:

Post a Comment